A $330-billion price tag should not deter California from establishing a single-payer healthcare system.
Browsing Tags's Archives »»
The Wilshire Grand, the new tallest building on the West Coast is an emblem of an increasingly vertical Los Angeles, a design that is overwrought and yet still somehow likable.
More than 120 people were buried by a landslide that caused huge rocks and a mass of earth to come crashing into their homes in a mountain village in southwestern China early Saturday, officials said. The landslide, which came from a mountain, engulfed a cluster of 62 homes and a hotel in the village…
Tracy and Paul Grand picked up a partial victory this month when the international body in charge of website-name disputes ruled against Snap’s bid to snatch away geofilters.com from them.
Even though it runs through the heart of L.A’.s Baldwin Hills/Crenshaw neighborhood, most Angelenos would be hard pressed to locate Rodeo Road on a map. In fact, they’d probably point to its ritzy doppelganger — Beverly Hills’ Rodeo Drive — instead. That may change very soon, however. Residents…
A series of attacks in three Pakistani cities Friday left at least 61 people dead and many injured, authorities said. A suicide bomber in the city of Quetta killed at least 12 people and injured about 20, officials said. Some of the injured were hospitalized in critical condition. The injured groaned…
Certain homes are like old friends, coming back around to surprise us every now and again. This week we revisited a classic in the San Fernando Valley and dove deep into the wonderful world of rapper real estate. Once you’re done perusing these latest transactions, tell us your favorite on the …
Basketball June 23, 2017, 5:34 a.m. NBA draft shows rise in Southern California talent Eric Sondheimer Southern California high school basketball competition has been enjoying a big upswing in recent years, and it’s reflected in the NBA draft.From Lonzo Ball (Chino Hills) being selected No. 2 by…
The tomato can that was the New York Mets vacated Dodger Stadium on Thursday after being pummeled in a four-game sweep in which the Dodgers slugged 15 homers, a franchise record for a series. Into the ring Friday night stepped the Colorado Rockies, an upstart with the third-best record in baseball…
- Yes, California can (stick it to Trump on healthcare)
- Wilshire Grand Center, the new tallest building in L.A. and a schmoozer in the skyline
- More than 120 villagers buried by southwest China landslide
- Southwest L.A. loves ‘Obama Boulevard’ proposal but wonders: ‘Why not a major street?’
- Santa Monica couple fights Snapchat over ‘geofilter’ trademark
- Attacks in three Pakistani cities leave at least 61 people dead, many injured
- 2017 NHL Entry Draft: First Round Features a Few Surprises
- Roberto Osuna: Unavailable due to illness Friday
- Felix back on mound ‘boost’ for Seattle, fans
- Hot Property: Travel down the road and back again