After squandering away three leads earlier in the night, the Blue Jays finally held onto one to escape Busch Stadium with a 6-5, 11-inning win in their series opener against the Cardinals on Tuesday.
Browsing Tags's Archives »»
The Tigers teed off for four home runs and 24 hits Tuesday in a 19-9 runaway over the Mariners, knocking Felix Hernandez out after just two innings in the process as they rolled to their third consecutive win.
Nationals shortstop Trea Turner had a career night Tuesday, hitting for the cycle while driving in seven runs against the Rockies at Coors Field. Turner singled to right field in the first inning, doubled to left in the second to drive in two, knocked a two-run homer to right in the sixth and knocked a bases-loaded triple into the right-field corner in the seventh.
Mariners ace Felix Hernandez is headed back to Seattle to see the team’s physician on Tuesday night after feeling tightness in his right shoulder and being removed after two innings in a 19-9 loss to the Tigers.
Eric Thames understands the suspicions. Heck, if it were some other player hitting home runs at a record pace, especially after playing three years abroad, Thames might be suspicious himself.
Before Ralf Reuland threw out the first pitch to the Angels’ series opener against the A’s on Tuesday at Angel Stadium, he received a word of advice from Hall of Famer Rod Carew, who in December received via transplant operation a heart and kidney from Reuland’s late son, former Baltimore Raven’s tight end Konrad Reuland.
Chris Coghlan hasn’t been with the Blue Jays for long, but he certainly made a name for himself in Tuesday night’s game against the Cardinals with an acrobatic slide that will be on all the highlight reels.
In a matchup of two of the American League’s top clubs, Dallas Keuchel was once again on top of his game. The Houston lefty continued his strong start to the season, stifling the Indians in a 4-2 victory on Tuesday night at Progressive Field.
It all began 15 years ago, and you are going to want to be part of the MLB.TV celebration of baseball and technology, as the world’s longest-running and most successful live-streaming sports product is a way of life for millions.
Wheels reportedly are in in motion for the Marlins to accept an offer from a prospective ownership group headed by former Florida Governor Jeb Bush and former Yankees great Derek Jeter.
- Brandon Crawford pulled Tues. with leg injury – Brandon Crawford | SF
- Eric Thames slugs 11th homer in rout of Reds – Eric Thames | MLW
- Stroman’s double leads to Toronto win in 11th
- Roaring Tigers offense scores 19 to rout M’s
- Trea-cycle: Young Nat uses wheels for feat
- Woman swept up in massive cocaine bust in L.A. now faces deportation, spurring protests and anger
- Angels pitcher JC Ramirez’s rise has been due to a curveball of sorts
- 2017 Stanley Cup Playoff Preview: Anaheim Ducks vs. Edmonton Oilers
- NBA: James Harden and the Rockets eliminate Thunder, 105-99
- Felix’s early exit caused by arm fatigue